DEERS (Defense Enrollment and Eligibility Reporting System)

Alternate ID Card Facilities: Click here for the list of their locations, hours, and phone numbers

Alternate ID Card Facilities: Click here for the list of their locations, hours, and phone numbers

Click here to make your DoD ID Card / MPS Appointment

Make Your DoD ID Card / MPS Appointment


Bldg. 2916 Falcon Lane, just East of the McGuire Main Gate

Hours of Operation:
7:30am - 3pm


PROMOTIONS:  609.754.4740

CUSTOMER SERVICE:  609.754.5092

FORCE MANAGEMENT:  609.754.3017

Welcome to the Defense Enrollment and Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) Office!

*We are closed on all Federal Holidays and Installation Family Days. Please click here for a listing of Federal Holidays in 2017.

♦ We accept walk-in customers between 7:30am – 2:30pm, but encourage that you make an appointment at To make an appointment, follow the link and click MAKE APPOINTMENT, then enter JBMDL on Building or Site name.

Our office is capable of issuing ID/CAC to the following individuals:

a.     Active Duty/Reserve/Guard military members of all components
b.     Family members of military members
c.     Retirees and their family members (including Disabled Veteran)
d.     Volunteers, civilian and contractors
e.     DoD Sponsored Foreign Nationals
f.      All DoD ID card recipients


To expedite the process of issuing you your ID, please ensure that you have the following documents with you when you visit our office.

Please note: All documents must be original or Certified true Copies.

Documents coming from other countries must have English translation on it.

All primary Photo ID must not be expired and must have current information on it (i.e. new last name).

  1. Marriage – Marriage Certificate, primary Photo ID and SSN of your Spouse
  2. Divorce – Finalized Divorced Decree
  3. Newborn – Hospital Verification of Birth or Birth certificate and SSN Card if you already have it
  4. Stepchild – Marriage Certificate and Child’s Birth certificate
  5. Adopted/Ward Child – Court order placing the child under your custody, Child’s birth certificate and SSN Card
  6. Retirement/Separation – Retirement/Separation orders and/or DD Form 214 if applicable
  7. Grade Change – Promotion Order for all Military component
  8. Lost ID Card – 2 Forms of ID and letter from First Sergeant (Active Duty only) or Police report (for individuals other than active duty)
  9. Contractors – 2 Forms of ID. DEERS must be updated prior to issuance of ID Card. Please call beforehand to verify status in DEERS
  10. Dependent 21 years and older – 2 forms of ID and (if full-time student) letter from School’s registrar stating “Full-time student with Associate’s degree or higher”. Full-time student eligibility will expire a day before the 23rd birthday.  The child must be enrolled to Tricare young adult program from 23rd birthday until he/she turns 26.
  11. Deceased sponsor – the spouse needs to bring death certificate
  12. Secondary dependents – Approval letter from DFAS, 2 Forms of ID
  13. 100% Disabled Veteran – Letter of selection for 100% Disabled veteran, DD 214, 2 Forms of ID
  14. Medicare update – Medicare
  15. Retired Civilians – 2 forms of ID, If your record in DEERS indicates retired no additional documentation required, if not retired in DEERS a copy of SF 50 is required
  16. Foreign National – 2 Forms of ID, Travel Orders

Below is the list of all the valid documents that we accept.  List A are considered Primary ID while List B are secondary ID. 2 forms of ID should consist of at least 1 Primary ID.

LIST A: Primary IDLIST B: Secondary ID
1. Driver’s license or ID card issued by a state or outlying possession of the United States provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, and address1. Certificate of U.S. Citizenship (Form N-560 or N-561) Certificate of Naturalization (Form N-550 or N-570)
2. U.S. Passport or U.S. passport Card Unexpired Foreign Passport with I-551 stamp2. ID card issued by federal, state or local government agencies or entities, provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, and address
3. Foreign Passport that contains a temporary I-551 stamp or temporary I-551 printed notation3. Social Security Account Number card or valid letter issued by the Social Security Office verifying your social security number
4. School ID card with a photograph4. Voter’s registration card
5. Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt Card with photograph (Form I-151 or I-551)5. Certification of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State (FS-545)
6. U.S. Military card, Military family members ID card and all DOD issued ID Card; U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card6. Original or certified copy of birth certificate issued by a State, county, municipal authority, or territory of the United States bearing an official seal
7. Unexpired Employment Authorization Card (Form I-688A)7. Native American tribal document
8. Unexpired Employment Authorization Document that contains a photograph (Form I-766)8. Identification Card for Use of Resident Citizen in the United States (Form I-179
9. Driver’s license issued by a Canadian government authority9. For persons under age 18 who are unable to present a document listed above: A. School record or report card B. Clinic, doctor or hospital record C. Day-care or nursery school record