After you’ve lost a loved one, there may be unresolved issues or questions that surface months or years after your loss. We are Survivor Outreach Services (S.O.S.) and we are here to help.
Survivor Outreach Services is an Army Family Covenant initiative committed to Families of the Fallen. When you call, you will be connected to a dedicated person who will guide you through available agencies and help you get the benefits and support you need.
- Expand and improve services to Survivors
- Define roles and responsibilities for all agencies and all components
- Improve responsiveness and streamline the assistance process for Families
- Financial Counselors provide assistance to Surviving Families through investment and estate planning education. Financial counselors work closely with Benefits Coordinators, Army Long Term Family Case Management and legal assistance to address the needs of Surviving Families.
- Support Coordinators are long term support personnel for Survivors. Support Coordinators facilitate support groups, provide life skills education and connect Survivors with counseling resources. These Coordinators work closely with Benefits Coordinators, Casualty Assistance Officers and Army Long Term Family Case Management to ensure Survivors receive their necessary services.
- Benefits Coordinators provide expertise on local, state and Federal benefits. They also work with Casualty Assistance Officers, providing the Surviving Family with assistance to understand and apply for their benefits.
We’ve Moved! New Address is 5428 Delaware Avenue, Fort Dix, NJ 08640
SOS Support Coordinator (609) 562-3797 / Fax (609) 562-5148
SOS Financial Counselor (609) 562-2186 / -3797
Army Family Covenant
On 8 October 2007, the Army unveiled the Army Family Covenant, which institutionalizes the Army’s commitment to provide Soldiers and Families — Active, Guard, and Reserve — a quality of life commensurate with their level of service and sacrifice to the Nation. It commits the Army to improve Family readiness.
Army Family Covenant Benefits:
- Extended duty child care provided to eligible Deployment/Warrior Transition/Survivor Outreach Support Patrons
- Reduced child care fees provided to eligible Deployment/Warrior Transition/Survivor Outreach Support Patrons
- Hourly respite care provided to eligible Deployment/Warrior Transition/Survivor Outreach Support patrons
- Group child care/Kids on Site provided to eligible Deployment/Warrior Transition/Survivor Outreach Support Patrons
The Army Family Covenant commitment is enduring. The Army has made significant progress in improving Family programs, health care, housing, child and youth services, recreation, education and employment opportunities, but there is still work to be done to build an environment where Army Families can prosper and realize their full potential.