The goal of Abbvie’s Patient Advocate Program is to help individuals diagnosed with certain auto-immune diseases, Crohn’s, Ulcerative Colitis, Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis achieve a better understanding of their disease through education, resources, and support. Seven Advocates cover the entire nation.
The Patient Advocates work specifically with patients 1:1 preferably via phone.
Patients are assigned to one specific Patient Advocate based on their zip code.
The Patient Advocate is not a substitute for their doctor’s medical expertise and they cannot provide medical advice.
The role of the Patient Advocate includes:
- Disease education
- Provides access to educational information about their condition and their treatment plan
- Better preparation for doctor’s visits
- Developing open communication with their doctors
- Helping patients prepare question/concern lists to discuss at appointments
- Provide suggestions and tools for tracking symptoms
- Encourage patients to deal with concerns
- Identify resources that can help with Crohn’s, Ulcerative Colitis, Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis