McGuire Youth Center: Bldg. 3830 on East Scott Street. (609) 754-5437.
Admin Hours of Operation:
Mon – Fri 10:00am – 5:30pm
Facility Hours of Operation:
Mon – Thu 3:00pm – 7:00pm
Fri 3:00pm – 9:00pm
Sat 1:00pm – 9:00pm
Dix Youth Center: Bldg. 1279 on Locust Street. (609) 562-5061.
Hours of Operation:
Mon – Fri 2:00pm – 7:00pm
Sat 1:00pm – 7:00pm
Lakehurst Youth Center: Bldg 487 on Walsh Drive at Lakehrust. (732) 323-4043.
Hours of Operation:
Mon – Fri 6:45m – 5:30pm
Sat & Sun Closed
Will you be living or working at JB MDL soon? If so, Welcome to Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst in New Jersey!
Are you interested in getting to know someone before you get here? Do you want to know about the JB MDL Youth Programs, local schools, find out about the local area and points of interest? We can answer your questions and put your mind at ease about living at JB MDL.
If you want to get to know the Youth Sponsorship Program, we need a small amount of information so a staff member from the Youth Center and Central Registration can contact you about our programs and the registration process.
Please click here to send a Youth Programs Sponsorship Request Form
Central Registration Office is a one-stop ofice for information, availability, registration, and maintains a centralized JB MDL waiting list for Child and Youth Programs at McGuire and Dix. The Office is located at Bldg. 3435 on Broidy Road at McGuire. You can contact them at (609) 754-3259 /-3098 for Dix and McGuire, and (732) 323-4043 for Lakehurst. For Youth Program eligibility at Lakehurst, please call (732) 323-4043.
JB MDL Youth Programs are a comprehensive system of programs providing quality youth care, resources, support and recreational activities for children and youth ages 9 to 18 years.
Youth Programs and facilities provide warm, happy, safe and healthy places for youth. The programs are designed to provide activities and services that are developmental in nature and promote the physical, social, emotional, cognitive, creative and positive character development of each youth while responding to the unique needs of military families. Quality, affordability and availability are our primary goals.
Youth Centers offer Services consist of:
- School Age Services Program (SAP) – School Age Program is center based care for first through fifth grade before and after school care plus summer camp. Transportation is provided to and from school. Care is provided on early release days and full days off from school. Breakfast, lunch and snack are provided as provided. This nationally accredited program encourages the development of life skills through a variety of clubs, community service, education and recreational activities. During full day sessions children are involved in on base activities such as swimming, bowling and miniature golf as well as many field trips to off-base locations.
- Youth Services – Youth Services implements programming to meet the needs of middle school and high school students.
- Youth Sports and Instructional Classes -Youth Sports includes basketball, soccer, football, baseball and cheerleading and provides competitive and non-competitive sprots and fitness activities. Instructional classes include ballet, piano, dance, martial arts, fitness and babysitting courses.
Youth Centers also offer FUN programs/events such as:
- Youth Game Night
- Teen Midnight Basketball
- Torch/Keystone Clubs Community Projects
- Pre-Teen Dance
- Youth Life Skill Workshop
- Family Game Night
- Summer Camp
- Pre-Teen TGIF Night
- Teen Council
♦ Is Your Child Ready to Stay Home Alone?
If you are considering letting your child stay home alone for a short time before or after school, this is a great resource to utilize with your child before you make the decision.
For any questions, please contact FSS Child & Youth Central Registration Office at (609) 754-3274.