COVID-19 Rules of Engagement
Social distancing, mask required at all times in the facility.
Welcome to The 87FSS Auto Hobby Shop JB MDL McGuire!
Bldg. 2416 Vandenberg Avenue
JB MDL McGuire
Hours of Operation: (Effective July 6, 2021)
Tuesday - Friday: 9:00am - 6:00pm Saturday: 9:00am - 5:00pm Sunday, Monday, Family Day and Holiday: Closed
Be sure to ask our staff about other services offered such as small engine repair such as lawn mowers and hedge/weed trimmers as well as services available for GSA vehicles.
If you have GSA vehicles, the Auto Hobby Shop at JB MDL McGuire can perform the following GSA services without you having to leave the base:
- Road service
- Lock-out service
- Preventive maintenance
- Lube/Oil and Filter Change
- Diagnostic Scan
- Minor auto repairs – brakes, air conditioning services, alternator/battery replacement, starter replacement and more.
The shop is open to eligible ID cardholders for vehicle maintenance and repairs.
Services and fees*:
Bench – $3 per hour
Stall – $4.50 per hour
Lift – $5.50 per hour
Printout Tech Data – $.50 per page
Tire Removal – $4 each
Plug – $7 each
Rotation/Pressure Check – $17
Tire Machine Use (Carry-in) – $3
Tire Mount – $8 each
Tire Balance – $8 each
Over Sized Tires (30"+) – $12 each
Battery Charge/Load Test – $12
Charging System Check – $15
Lube/Oil Filter Change Up to 5QTS Conventional/Filter – $30
Oil Change Customer Provides Parts – $15
A/C Service (R134 Only) – $125
Add Freon Only – $25 + Freon
Coolant Exchange – $52 + Parts
Transmission Fluid Exchange – $67 + Parts
Strut/Spring Exchange – $14 - $20
Brake Drum/Rotor Resurface – $10.50/ea.
Jumpstart, Lockout, Flat Fix – $40
Resale Lot (Autos, Small RVs) – $20/Month
RVs (24'+) – $40/Month
Alignment (2 Wheel/4 Wheel) – $52/$78
Diagnostic Scan – $40
Labor Charge – $52 per hour
The 87FSS Auto Hobby Resale Lot
Located at the corner of Delaware Avenue and Airfield Road on JB MDL Dix (Across from the AAFES Express Store Dix)
- Download and complete the registration form.
- Stop by the Auto Hobby Shop Monday-Friday from 9:00am-4:00pm with your registration and proof of insurance.
- You can download the form and fill it out or stop by the Auto Hobby Shop and fill out the form in person.
- You must show your CURRENT registration and proof of insurance to park your vehicle on the lot and your name must be on the registration or you must have a power of attorney to register the vehicle for sale.
- Your vehicle may remain on the lot for two (2) consecutive periods of 30 days at which point it would need to be removed for a minimum of 30 days before it can be re-registered.
- You may be as detailed as you prefer. You must include the license plate number on your form.
RESALE LOT RATES:
Vehicles up to 24’-------------------------- $20/month
(Including motorcycles and jet skis)
Vehicles up to 30’ (RV’s)------------------$40/month
87FSS AUTO HOBBY SHOP JB MDL LAKEHURST
Bldg. 189 Hancock Road
JB MDL Lakehurst
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Saturday, Sunday and Holiday: CLOSED
Come to the Auto Hobby Shop for safe, easy and affordable vehicle maintenance. The center has eight bays and three lifts along with standard and metric tools, end cap, filter wrench, impact socket set, hydraulic engine cranes, air compressor, battery charger, grinder/buffer and four work benches for do-it-yourself vehicle maintenance. Shop staff is on hand to assist but not authorized to make repairs.
Tire Mounting – $4 per tire
Tire Balancing – $4 per tire
Tire Repair – $3 per tire
Tire Disposal – $5 per tire
Storage inside – $6 per day
*Check for any other pricing/services by calling 609.754.4316. Prices Subject to change without notice.
Free Comprehensive 10-Point Vehicle Inspections
The 87FSS Auto Hobby Shop, Bldg. 2416 Vandenberg Ave., now offers FREE comprehensive 10-point Vehicle Inspections on Wednesdays from 12:00pm to 3:00pm. No appointment necessary!
Inspections include: tires, fluids, lights, charging system (battery, starter, alternator) belts, hoses, wipers, brakes, lube points, front end (tie rod ends, axles, ball joints).
Get an even more comprehensive vehicle inspection for a low $25.
Call 609.754.4316 for more information. Please encourage Joint Base personnel and family members to stop by and have their vehicles inspected — a road worthy vehicle keeps our Joint Base team safe.