FSS CHILD DEVELOMENT CENTERS PHASE 1 REOPEN DETAIL
- Step 1: Staff evaluate themselves prior to arrival; also screen/temp check in lobby prior to entering facility
- Step 2: Temp checks in each Lobby (circles / stay in car)
- Step 3: Parents will confirm child does not have fever, shortness of breath, or cough (PH screener/checklist)
- Step 4: Staff will complete a visual inspection of the child for signs of illness; PH notified immediately if symptoms exists and members are turned away.
- NOTE: Parents should plan to spend a minimum of 15 minutes for pick-up & drop-off
PARENT DROP-OFF & PICK-UP:
- Must wash hands upon entering the facility
- Parents swipe in with key fob
- Parents walk children to classroom to reduce separation anxiety
- Providers will receive child at the door
- Parents will not enter the classroom
- Parents will exit the facility
CLEANING & PROTECTION:
- Addl bleach given to staff for increased cleaning of commonly used/touched surfaces
- Staff members wear masks the entire duty day
- Toys that cannot be cleaned/sanitized will not be used (i.e. machine washable, sensory tables, shared sensory material)
- Toys placed in a mouth will be set aside until cleaned
- Each child’s bedding will be separated, and stored in individually labeled bins, cubbies, or bags
- Meals will be plated versus family-style dining
SICK CHILDREN / STAFF:
- If someone is or becomes sick:
- Child will be isolated into a separate room
- Parent will be notified/child picked up immediately
- Isolation room will be cleaned after the sick child has left
- If COVID-19 is confirmed in a child or staff member:
- Areas used by the person who is sick will be closed off
- Outside doors/windows will be opened for air circulation
- Staff will wait up to 24 hrs before cleaning
- All areas used by the person who is sick will be cleaned
- Parents will be notified
Welcome to 87FSS Child & Youth Programs (CYP)!
Child & Youth Enrollment/Registration Provided at Each Activity
Welcome to JB MDL and 87FSS Child & Youth Programs! Please locate the program you are interested in below and contact them with questions.
Each program will monitor and manage their child care wait list on MilitaryChildCare.com (MCC). When an offer is made, the individual program will communicate how to complete the registration process. Forms for registration can be found on this page by clicking the "Required Forms for Childcare, Youth Sports, Instructional Class (Open in Chrome Browser)" icon.
To get on the wait list, please visit www.militarychildcare.com, create an account, search "Joint Base McGuire Dix Lakehurst" and put in requests to the facilities that are age-appropriate for your child(ren). If you need technical assistance with the website, please call (855) 696-2934.
JB MDL McGuire:
◘ CDC 1, Bldg. 2430 Can Do Way / 609.754.2966
◘ CDC 2, Bldg. 2414 Tuskegee Airmen Blvd. / 609.754.3661
- Kinder & Kinder Summer Camp
- FCC inquiries
◘ School Age Program & Youth Program, Bldg. 3830 E. Scott St. / 609.754.5437
- Before & After School Care for Grades 1 – 6
- Drop-In Care
- Instructional Programs
- Open Recreation Memberships
- Youth Sports
- Summer Camp for Grades 1 – 6
JB MDL Dix:
◘ CDC, Bldg. 1188 Juliustown Rd. / 609.562.3878
- Pemberton Preschool students
◘ School Age Program, Bldg. 5219 8th Street / 609.562.3877
- Before & After School Care for Grades K – 6
- Drop-In Care
- Summer Camp for Grades K – 6
◘ Teen Center, Bldg. 691 Juliustown Rd. / 609.562.5488
- Instructional Programs
◘ Youth Program, Bldg. 1279 Locust St. / 609.562.5061
- Open Recreation Memberships
- Specialty Camps
JB MDL Lakehurst:
◘ CDC, Bldg. 657 Highway 547 / 732.323.2260
◘ School Age Program & Youth Program, Bldg. 487 Highway 547 / 732.323.4043
- Before & After School Care for Grades K – 6
- Drop-In Care
- Summer Camp for Grades K – 6
Family Child Care (FCC) Orientation / Training:
BE YOUR OWN BOSS! Start your own business, working for yourself in your own home by becoming a Family Child Care Professional. Stay with your children, saving child care expenses, while watching children of others. You can select the age group of child that best fits you and your family. Equipment and materials available from FCC lending library, free start up items, free monthly training included. The FSS FCC is recruiting for weekend care, extended duty care and special needs care.
For more information, please contact the CDC 2 (Bldg. 2414 Tuskegee Airmen Ave., JB MDL McGuire) at 609.754.3341.
Before & After School Request Process on militaryChildCare.com (MCC)
You will now be able to search for and submit unlimited Before, After and/or Before and After school requests at any time for any location.
Just follow the four simple steps outlined below:
1. Create an Account: Go to MilitaryChildCare.com to create an account containing information about your family, or login using an existing username and password.
2. Search and Request Care: Search the system for the child care options that best fit your needs and submit your requests for care.
3. Manage Requests: You can manage your requests for care from anywhere in the world.
4. Update Profile: Keep your My Profile page up-to-date with important information.
For more information about MCC, call respective facility of your interests.
1. Requests for care are not guaranteed enrollments. Children are officially enrolled once an offer has been made, accepted and finalized by a registration appointment and a signed CYP contract.
2. A current immunization record including the flu shot is required at registration.
3. All forms for registration can be found on gomdl.com. Search "Child & Youth", click Read More, Forms Needed for Childcare and Youth Sports at JB MDL and print all forms found under the column labeled "School Age". Print select medical forms as needed.
4. If your child has any medical conditions, allergies, asthma and/or special needs, a JB MDL Child and Youth Program Information Sheet/Part B must be completed and approved by the Child and Youth Medical Advisor prior to starting Before, After and/or After school care.
5. Transportation to and/or from JB MDL School Age facilities must be coordinated by the parent with the school's transportation office.
MILITARYCHILDCARE.COM (MCC)Military and DoD civilian families can now search for child and youth care options through a single website! MilitaryChildCare.com provides comprehensive information on child care programs worldwide. Families can search for the care they need and submit a request for care anytime, anywhere. This website replaces the waitlist process at Child Development Centers, Youth Programs and Family Child Care. For questions/support, call 855.696.2934.
Families on an Existing Waitlist:If you are a family on a current waitlist, your existing requests will be transferred to MCC for you. You will receive an email with instructions to login and create an account so that you can access your requests.
Families Not on an Existing Waitlist:If you are not on an existing waitlist, you may create an account on MCC at any time. Just follow the four simple steps below: Create an Account: Go to MilitaryChildCare.com to create an account containing information about your family, or login using an existing username and password. Search and Request Care: Search the system for the child care options that best fit your needs and submit your requests for care. Manage Requests: You can manage your requests for care from anywhere in the world. Update Profile: Keep your My Profile page up-to-date with important information.
Thank you for giving Child and Youth Program (CYP) staff the opportunity to carry out our mission of service to the JB MDL Community. Child and Youth Programs provides a comprehensive selection of quality child care, resources, support, and structured, out-of-school recreational activities for children and youth 4 weeks to 18 years of age. We believe that quality programming must meet the needs of all children and youth in our community.CYP Programs and facilities provide a warm, happy, safe and healthy places for children and youth. The programs are designed to provide activities and services that are developmental in nature and promote the physical, social, emotional, cognitive, creative, and positive character development of each child/youth while responding to the unique needs of military families. Quality, affordability, and availability are our primary goals.
NACCRRA and Child Care Aware
The United States Army, Marine Corps, Navy, and Air Force have joined in a partnership with the National Association of Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies (NACCRRA) to support military families.
NACCRRA works with more than 800 Child Care Resource & Referral agencies. These agencies are located in every state and most communities across the United States and help military families locate affordable, high-quality civilian child care programs in the communities where they reside.
For More Information:
Child Care Aware™
Toll-free at 1(800) 424-2246 www.naccrra.org/military E-mail: MCCYN@naccrra.org
National Association of Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies (NACCRRA)
3101 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 350, Arlington, VA 22201 Phone (703) 341-4100 Fax (703) 341-4101 www.naccrraMilitary
School Liaison Services / School Liaison Office (SLO)
Monday - Friday 7:30am - 4:30pm
609.754.9656 / 609.562.5411
The School Liaison Specialists work in partnership with local school districts. Services include: Educate parents on the school choice program, local school system policies, procedures, programs and schedules. Coordinates education transition resources and points of contact in the school system and community. Assist home school families with information and local resources. For more information, please click here.
CHILD AND YOUTH PROGRAMS CONSISTS OF:
• Child Development Centers (CDCs) – Located at JB MDL McGuire, JB MDL Dix and JB MDL Lakehurst – Center-based care for children age six weeks to six years and limited hourly care. The CDCs are nationally accredited programs that provide developmentally appropriate programming.• Family Child Care (FCC) Program – Home based care, small group setting for children four weeks to age twelve. FCC Providers are family members who are screened, trained, certified and are monitored b professional staff. FCC Providers provide full day, part day, hourly, extended hours and long term care in their certified homes. All programs are developmental in nature, comparable to the CDC or SAP in a less structured home environment. • School Age Services Program (SAP) – School Age Program is center-based care for first through fifth grade before and after school care plus summer camp. Transportation is provided to and from school. Care is provided on early release days and full days off from school. Breakfast, lunch, and snack are provided. This nationally accredited program encourages the development of life skills through a variety of clubs, community service, education and recreational activities. During full day sessions, children are involved in on-base activities such as swimming, bowling, and miniature golf as well as many field trips to off-base locations. • Youth Services – Youth Services implements programming to meet the needs of middle school and high school students. • Outreach Services – Outreach services provide alternative child care programs that include Short Term Alternative Child Care. • Youth Sports and Instructional Classes – Youth Sports includes basketball, soccer, football, baseball, and cheerleading and provides competitive and non-competitive sports and fitness activities. Instructional classes include ballet, piano, musical instruments, dance, martial arts, fitness and babysitting courses. For more information about Youth Sports, please click here. For more information about Instructional Classes, please click here.
The 87FSS CDCs at JB MDL are nationally accredited programs that provide developmentally appropriate programming.
♦ CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTER I (CDC I) JB MDL MCGUIREProvides full day care service for children 6 weeks to 2 ½ years of age. Bldg. 2430 Can Do Way
JB MDL McGuire 609.754.2966 Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday: 6:30am – 5:30pm ***Click here for the Holiday Hours during the holiday periods***
♦ CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTER II (CDC II) JB MDL MCGUIREProvides full day preschool for children 3-5 years of age and Before & After School Care for Kindergarten age children. Bldg. 2414 Tuskegee Airmen Avenue
JB MDL McGuire 609.754.3661 Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday: 6:30am – 5:30pm ***Click here for the Holiday Hours during the holiday periods***
♦ CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTER (CDC) JB MDL DIXProvides full day care for children 6 weeks thru 5 years of age. The Pemberton Preschool Program for 3-year old children (6-hour block free) who live in Pemberton Township, which includes JB MDL Dix Housing area, is also available. Registration required through the school district and CDC JB MDL Dix. Bldg. 1188 Juliustown Road
JB MDL Dix 609.562.3878 / 2371 / 3263 Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday: 6:30am – 5:30pm ***Click here for the Holiday Hours during the holiday periods***
♦ CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTER (CDC) JB MDL LAKEHURSTProvides full day care for children 6 weeks to 5 years old. Bldg. 657 Berry Road
JB MDL Lakehurst 732.323.2260 Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday: 6:30am – 5:30pm ***Click here for the Holiday Hours during the holiday periods***
♦ FAMILY CHILD CARE (FCC)Provides a home-based, small group child care setting for children 6 weeks – 12 years of age. Family Child Care providers offer full day, part day, hourly, evening, weekend, and overnight childcare in licensed homes. Bldg. 2414 Tuskegee Airmen Avenue
JB MDL McGuire 609.754.3341 Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday: 8am – 4:30pm ***Click here for the Holiday Hours during the holiday periods***
♦ SCHOOL AGE PROGRAM (SAP) JB MDL DIX (8TH STREET SCHOOL)The program offers before and after school care as well as full day care during school early release or no school days. During summer break, summer camp is offered for children in grades K - 6. Bldg. 5219 W. 8th Street
JB MDL Dix 609.562.3873 Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday: 6:30am – 5:30pm ***Click here for the Holiday Hours during the holiday periods***
♦ SCHOOL AGE PROGRAM (SAP) JB MDL LAKEHURSTProvides before and after school care and for camps during school breaks for children in grades K – 6. Bldg. 487 Walsh Drive
JB MDL Lakehurst 732.323.4043 Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday: 6:30am – 5:30pm ***Click here for the Holiday Hours during the holiday periods***
♦ YOUTH PROGRAMS (YP) JB MDL McGUireLocated in Falcon Courts North Housing area Bldg. 3830 East Scott Street
JB MDL McGuire 609.754.5437 Hours of Operation: Admin/Business: Monday – Friday: 10am – 5:30pm Open to Ages 9 – 18 only: Monday – Thursday: 3pm – 7pm Friday: 3pm – 9pm Saturday: 1pm – 9pm ***Click here for the Holiday Hours during the holiday periods***
♦ YOUTH PROGRAMS (YP) JB MDL DixBldg. 1279 Locust Street
JB MDL Dix 609.562.5061 Hours of Operation: Monday – Thursday: 2pm – 7pm Friday: 2pm - 10pm Saturday: 3pm – 10pm (Pre-Teens allowed until 7pm) ***Click here for the Holiday Hours during the holiday periods***
♦ YOUTH PROGRAMS (YP) JB MDL LakehurstBldg. 487 Walsh Drive
JB MDL Lakehurst 732.323.4043 Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday: 6:45am – 5:30pm ***Click here for the Holiday Hours during the holiday periods***
♦ SCHOOL AGE PROGRAM (SAP) JB MDL McGuireProvides before and after school care as well as full day care during school out days and a summer camp for children in grades 1 through 6. Bldg. 3830 East Scott Street
JB MDL McGuire 609.754.KIDS (5437) Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday: 6:30am – 5:30pm ***Click here for the Holiday Hours during the holiday periods***
♦ YOUTH SPORTS AND FITNESS PROGRAM (YSF)Provides year-round sports and fitness programs, individual sports, camps and team sports for ages 3-18. Bldg. 3830 E Scott Street
JB MDL McGuire Youth Sports Hotline: 609.752.6933 For more information about Youth Sports at JB MDL, please click here.