NOTICE: The Military Personnel Flight (MPF) will close at 12noon on the third Thursday of each month for in-house training. Customer Support will be minimally manned to service ID Cards & DEERS customers only.
♦ We accept walk-in customers between 7:30am – 2:30pm, but encourage that you make an appointment at https://rapids-appointments.dmdc.osd.mil. To make an appointment, follow the link and click MAKE APPOINTMENT, then enter JB MDL on Building or Site name.
DEERS Office at Military Personnel Flight (MPF)
Bldg. 2916 Falcon Lane (just East of the McGuire Main Gate)
JB MDL McGuire
Hours of Operation: (We've extended the hours!)
Monday - Wednesday 7:30am - 4:30pm
Thursday 9:30am - 4:30pm
Friday 7:30am - 4:30pm
Closed on Weekends, all Federal Holidays and Installation Family Days.
THE DEFENSE ENROLLMENT AND ELIGIBILITY REPORTING SYSTEM (DEERS) OFFICE
The 87th Force Support Squadron Military Personnel Flight (MPF) administers Military Personnel programs, No-fee Official Passports, Military Office, Civil Service programs and NAF Human Resources programs.
We are the subject-matter experts for numerous aspects of Military and Personnel programs such as In-Processing, ID Cards, DEERS, Civilian Employments.
Please utilize the Military Personnel Flight (MPF) phone directory 609.754.4MPS (609.754.4677). This will enable customers to be connected to the appropriate offices. Please review the following options and thank you for your support. You may e-mail us at email@example.com.
Call 609.754.4MPS (609.754.4677)
Press 1: ID cards/DEERS updates/CAC Update/Resets
Press 2: In-processing/INTRO & Sponsorship/SGLI/Leave/Passports
Press 3: Retirements/Separations/Promotions
Press 4: Re-enlistments/Extensions
Press 5: Assignments
Press 6: Duty Info Updates/UIFs/Adverse Actions
Press 7: EPRs/OPRs
Press 8: Awards/Decorations
Press 9: PSM/BLSDM & MLPDS Access
Press 10: MPF Superintendent
Our office is capable of issuing ID/CAC CARD to the following individuals:
a. Active Duty/Reserve/Guard military members of all components
b. Family members of military members
c. Retirees and their family members (including Disabled Veteran)
d. Volunteers, civilian and contractors
e. DoD Sponsored Foreign Nationals
f. All DoD ID card recipients
***WE DO NOT ISSUE GENEVA CONVENTION CARD OR LONG TERM PASS***
To expedite the process of issuing you your ID, please ensure that you have the following documents with you when you visit our office.
Please note: All documents must be original or Certified true Copies.
Documents coming from other countries must have English translation on it.
All primary Photo ID must not be expired and must have current information on it (i.e. new last name).
- Marriage – Marriage Certificate, primary Photo ID and SSN of your Spouse
- Divorce – Finalized Divorced Decree
- Newborn – Hospital Verification of Birth or Birth certificate and SSN Card if you already have it
- Stepchild – Marriage Certificate and Child’s Birth certificate
- Adopted/Ward Child – Court order placing the child under your custody, Child’s birth certificate and SSN Card
- Retirement/Separation – Retirement/Separation orders and/or DD Form 214 if applicable
- Grade Change – Promotion Order for all Military component
- Lost ID Card – 2 Forms of ID and letter from First Sergeant (Active Duty only) or Police report (for individuals other than active duty)
- Contractors – 2 Forms of ID. DEERS must be updated prior to issuance of ID Card. Please call beforehand to verify status in DEERS
- Dependent 21 years and older – 2 forms of ID and (if full-time student) letter from School’s registrar stating “Full-time student with Associate’s degree or higher”. Full-time student eligibility will expire a day before the 23rd birthday. The child must be enrolled to Tricare young adult program from 23rd birthday until he/she turns 26.
- Deceased sponsor – the spouse needs to bring death certificate
- Secondary dependents – Approval letter from DFAS, 2 Forms of ID
- 100% Disabled Veteran – Letter of selection for 100% Disabled veteran, DD 214, 2 Forms of ID
- Medicare update – Medicare
- Retired Civilians – 2 forms of ID, If your record in DEERS indicates retired no additional documentation required, if not retired in DEERS a copy of SF 50 is required
- Foreign National – 2 Forms of ID, Travel Orders
Below is the list of all the valid documents that we accept. List A are considered Primary ID while List B are secondary ID. 2 forms of ID should consist of at least 1 Primary ID.
Base In-Processing (with exception of 621CRW, USAF EC, 373TRS, Recruiting Squadrons, 20ASOS and ROTC DET members. Contact your unit for In-Processing instructions.)
Servicemembers’ Group Life Insurance (SGLI)
All DoD ID Cards / DEERS → Please verify DEERS Eligibility and Requirements.
- Please make an appointment online, print and bring a confirmation to expedite your visit: https://rapids-appointments.dmdc.osd.mil
- Children under the age of 21 do not need a photo ID
- When renewing an ID card, your current ID card counts as one of your IDs. However, you will still need a 2nd form of ID.
- Your sponsor must be with you to sign a DD Form 1172
- For any specific questions regarding ID cards please contact us at 609.754.1592