24-hour Fitness Access Program is currently unavailable
- All gyms (McGuire, Griffith Field House and Lakehurst) are now open to All DoD ID holders (dependents, retirees, civilians) at an increased capacity with an appointment.
- Reservations required. To make your reservation, visit the Online Reservation site.
- FSS Fitness Center McGuire has also updated its hours of operation with longer hours. The FSS Fitness Center McGuire is now open from 5am - 8pm Monday thru Friday.
- FSS Griffith Field House and FSS Fitness Center Lakehurst hours will remain the same.
- FSS Fitness Center McGuire will continue to support COVID-19 Vaccination efforts and will experience intermittent closures on Fridays and Saturdays.
COVID-19 Rules of Engagement:
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- No gym bags allowed.
- 1-hour time slots, max of 2 hours per person, per day.
- Last-minute reservations allowed, space permitting.
- Patrons must bring own water bottle; personal towel recommended.
- No changing/locker rooms/showers/saunas.
- Rest Rooms will be open.
- Patrons must wipe down everything they use with disinfecting wipes.
- Temperature check at door - Temps over 99F will be denied entry and referred to Public Health.
Welcome to FSS Fitness Center McGuire!
Bldg. 2504 POW/MIA Blvd.
JB MDL McGuire
Updated Hours of Operation (3/24/2021)
Monday – Friday: 5am –8pm
Saturday & Sunday: 9am - 2pm Family Days and Holidays: Please check Holiday Hours
With a focus on fitness and wellness, the 87FSS Fitness Center McGuire. serves the joint base community with a variety of programs and fitness activities in a state-of-the-art facility. The 87FSS Fitness Center McGuire offers a wide selection of weight training to include 99 various free weight Nautilus machines, many cardiovascular exercise machines, two gymnasiums, three racquetball courts and men’s and women’s locker rooms with steam rooms, saunas, showers and daily use lockers.
Outdoor facilities include a rubberized track, soccer fields, and lighted softball fields. The Fitness Center McGuire also has extensive intramural sports program basketball, volleyball, golf, flag football and racquetball. For more information about the intramural sports program please click here.
The 87FSS Fitness Center McGuire offers specialized services to customers including micro-fit testing, cycling workouts, and body fat evaluations.
certified trainers are available
The 87FSS Fitness Center JB MDL McGuire has certified personnel to help you with all of your training needs from Fitness 101, Circuit, Weight and Targeted Training, and Cardio Workout programs. Please call 609.754.6085 to start becoming the new you!
WellBeats Kiosk available 24/7!
87FSS Fitness Center JB MDL McGuire is equipped with the WellBeats Kiosk System, an instant 30-40 pre-loaded fitness classes include both audio and visual elements to guide users through high and low intensity aerobic workouts. Select your class from Fusion (Yoga), Vibe (Dance), Stomp (Step), Rev (Spin), Kinetics (Circuit Training) and TKO (Kickboxing).
DRESS CODE FOR 87FSS FITNESS FACILITIES
All personnel utilizing a 87FSS Fitness facilities will comply with the guidelines set forth in the dress code. In addition to maintaining good order and discipline, this guidance will help ensure the health and welfare of all patrons.
Appropriate clothing must be worn to maintain a proper image in a military and family fitness facility. Attire must be conservative and modest in nature. obscene/offensive language or graphics are prohibited. Athletic attire and athletic-type shoes will be worn in all activity and equipment areas. Military utility uniforms are authorized to be worn during workouts and members may remove their utility uniform coat (shirt); however, t-shirts must be worn. Only court shoes with non-marking soles will be worn on hardwood floors; boots are not authorized on treadmills or hardwood floors. Casual slacks/shorts and jeans are considered non-exercise attire and are not to be worn. Due to safety concerns (including an increased risk of dehydration and heat illness), garments made of plastic, rubber, nylon, etc., that are specifically designed to increase the amount of perspiration, are not authorized in any fitness facility, to include outdoor running tracks and fields. Patrons not wearing proper attire will be asked to change into appropriate exercise clothing or leave the facility.
Click here for Dress Code poster: https://gomdl.com/wp-content/uploads/Fitness-Dress-Code.pdf
Fitness Assessment (FA) Option
Squadron Commanders now have the option to choose testing all their members internally or to continue utilizing traditional testing methods. If commanders choose to test them internally, PTLs will conduct fitness assessments using Fitness Assessment Cell (FAC) facilities/equipment. If they elect to continue utilizing traditional testing methods, unit members will continue scheduling tests thru their Unit Fitness Program Managers (UFPMs), and will be tested by FAC personnel. FAC ran testing times will remain the same to accommodate units who choose not to test within their squadron. Squadrons participating in internal testing will be permitted to reserve and utilize the FAC outside of official FAC testing times.
Please contact your Unit Fitness Program Managers (UFPMs) for more information.