Welcome to the 87FSS Griffith Field House!
Bldg. 6053 8th Street and Millville Road JB MDL Dix
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday: 5am – 9pm
Saturday – Sunday: 7am - 3pm
Holidays and Family Days: 7am - 3pm
The 87FSS Griffith Field House provides a full range of sports and fitness equipment and programs for the JB MDL community. Fitness classes are offered along with runs, aerobics marathons, fitness challenges as well as a comprehensive intramural and varsity sports program. Our qualified fitness team is always available for questions and assistance with using the fitness equipment and making the most of your workout. Check out our TRX, Spin, Zumba, Yoga, Pilates, Cardio Kickboxing classes for fun and fitness.
87FSS Fitness Center Reservation Procedure
Units wishing to reserve a room for PT at 87FSS Griffith Field House may call the front desk on a first come, first served basis. Rooms are available Monday thru Friday from 5am to 9pm, Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 5pm. Please call 609.562.4888 for additional information or to make a reservation. Units wishing to reserve the 87FSS Doughboy Gym for PT may also call the 87FSS Griffith Field House at 609.562.4888.
WellBeats Kiosk available 24/7!
87FSS Griffith Field House is equipped with the WellBeats Kiosk System, an instant 30-40 pre-loaded fitness classes include both audio and visual elements to guide users through high and low intensity aerobic workouts. Select your class from Fusion (Yoga), Vibe (Dance), Stomp (Step), Rev (Spin), Kinetics (Circuit Training) and TKO (Kickboxing).
Wednesdays at 6:00am at FSS Griffith Field House.
YogaStream is anatomy-based focusing on developing the body's core, enhancing functional mobility through movement and different planes, increasing both flexibility and strength.
DRESS CODE FOR JB MDL FITNESS FACILITIES
All personnel utilizing a 87FSS Fitness facilities will comply with the guidelines set forth in the dress code. In addition to maintaining good order and discipline, this guidance will help ensure the health and welfare of all patrons.
Appropriate clothing must be worn to maintain a proper image in a military and family fitness facility. Attire must be conservative and modest in nature. obscene/offensive language or graphics are prohibited. Athletic attire and athletic-type shoes will be worn in all activity and equipment areas. Military utility uniforms are authorized to be worn during workouts and members may remove their utility uniform coat (shirt); however, t-shirts must be worn. Only court shoes with non-marking soles will be worn on hardwood floors; boots are not authorized on treadmills or hardwood floors. Casual slacks/shorts and jeans are considered non-exercise attire and are not to be worn. Due to safety concerns (including an increased risk of dehydration and heat illness), garments made of plastic, rubber, nylon, etc., that are specifically designed to increase the amount of perspiration, are not authorized in any fitness facility, to include outdoor running tracks and fields. Patrons not wearing proper attire will be asked to change into appropriate exercise clothing or leave the facility. Click here for Dress Code poster: https://gomdl.com/wp-content/uploads/Fitness-Dress-Code.pdf
Fitness Assessment (FA) Option
"Squadron Commanders now have the option to choose testing all their members internally or to continue utilizing traditional testing methods. If commanders choose to test them internally, PTLs will conduct fitness assessments using Fitness Assessment Cell (FAC) facilities/equipment. If they elect to continue utilizing traditional testing methods, unit members will continue scheduling tests thru their Unit Fitness Program Managers (UFPMs), and will be tested by FAC personnel. FAC ran testing times will remain the same to accommodate units who choose not to test within their squadron. Squadrons participating in internal testing will be permitted to reserve and utilize the FAC outside of official FAC testing times.”
Please contact your Unit Fitness Program Managers (UFPMs) for more information.
Events at FSS Griffith Field House / Doughboy Gym
Let's Get Ready to Run
Ready to get off the couch? Join us for a nine-week “get yourself ready for Spring” run program.
Register January 6 thru January 10; Run January 13 thru March 20.
A program will be provided that will guide you through weekly workouts and challenges. This event open to all levels of fitness at no cost.
Boot Camp Experience
January 6 thru January 31.
A fitness boot camp is a type of group exercise class that mixes traditional callisthenic and body weight exercises with interval training and strength training. While there are a variety of styles of fitness boot camps, most are designed in a way that pushes the participants harder than they'd push themselves and, in that way, resemble a military boot camp. This event is open to all levels of fitness at no cost.
Week 1: Monday & Wednesday 12:00-1:00pm Week 2: Tuesday & Thursday 6:30-7:30am Week 3: Monday & Wednesday 3:30–4:30pm Week 4: Tuesday & Thursday 5:30-6:30pm
Zumba for Heart
February 14, start at 5:30pm. Open to all DoD ID holders.
Take your work out and make it fun dancing your heart away to a healthier beat. An hour and a half of Latin infused rhythms to keep the beat of your heart in sync and in tune with a happier you. Wear red, pink, or purple….the colors of LOVE.
Wednesday March 4, 3:30 to 5pm.
Open to all DoD ID holders. Registration open February 24 – 28.
Did you ever watch the NFL Combine and say “I can do that!”? Bench Press, Vertical Jump, Broad Jump, 3 Cone Drill, 5-10-5 Shuttle Run and the 40yd Dash.
Test your athletic abilities in comparison to today’s top Football Players. Awards for top Male and Female competitors presented.
Tuesday March 17, 11am to 1pm, free and open to all DoD ID holders.
Registration open March 9 thru March 13.
Leprechauns are known for their mischief and for their Pots O’ Gold. Complete the clues and challenges and get the leprechaun’s gold.
- Cabbage Crawl: For this event participants push the cabbage with your body no hands 10 yards to complete the first challenge.
- Irish Potato Toss: Participants will toss different color potatoes into a bin from a distance of 5yds, 10yds, and 15yds. Each potato that lands in the bin will be awarded one, two, or three points. Once you reach 17pts you have completed the challenge.
- Fighting Irish: A 2 min timed event making it around obstacles and barriers all the while trying to capture the leprechauns gold and bring it back to your starting point. Participants will be equipped with flag belts as they try to avoid getting them pulled by the Leprechaun enforcers. If flag is pulled by enforcer you must leave all gold collected head back to your starting point and work your way back on the course in search for more gold. Challenge is completed once all gold is collected or clock expires.
- Under this flag you shall conquer: This is basic capture the flag two teams start on opposite sides trying to capture their opponents flag they will be given 3mins to complete this challenge.
- Clash of Clan Castles: Participants will choose their clans castle once all individuals are based in their castles they will have 3mins to collect as many Irish symbols on the course as possible. Dodgeballs on the course represent cannonballs that can be used to attack opposite clans. If struck by dodgeball participants will leave the symbols collected and return to their castle. Challenge will be completed if all charms are collected are if time expires.
Are you prepared for some shenanigans hunting for the Leprechaun’s treasure? Show-up and show-off!