Welcome to the FSS Librar-e and Resource Commons!
Bldg. 2603 Tuskegee Airmen Avenue
JB MDL McGuire
FSS Librar-e Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 10am – 7pm
Friday - Saturday: 10am – 5pm
Tech Center Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 10am - 5pm
Friday - Saturday: Open upon Request
The 87FSS Librar-e and Resource Commons strives to provide essential information, educational resources and support to our Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, Cost Guard and civilian patrons. The FSS Librar-e supports professional and voluntary education and offers facilities and services to enhance the quality of life for all authorized users.
Events at FSS Librar-e and Resource Commons
"A Merry Celebration"
Saturday, December 14, 3:00pm–5:00pm.
Come to the FSS Librar-e and enjoy holiday-themed stories and lots of goodies! Registration required.
Children's Holiday StoryTime
Join us as we create holiday treats and memories from 10 to 11am at FSS Librar-E, Bldg. 2603 Tuskegee Airmen Airmen Ave., JB MDL McGuire.
We also read holiday stories, do crafts and have lots of fun!
No registration required, open to all ages!
Winter Reading Program
December 2 – February 13, 2020.
Stay warm this season with a good book! Register, read, and log your minutes for awesome prizes and giveaways! Registration Required. Visit or contact the FSS Librar-e front desk to register or for more information!
Sign up and log your reading here! https://mcguireafblibrary.beanstack.org/reader365
Kids in the Kitchen
The FSS Librar-e & Resource Commons offers family cooking classes every quarter. Cooking lessons, recipe sharing, fun activities, something new every month! REGISTRATION IS MANDATORY. Registration opens two (2) weeks prior to each class. Volunteers welcome! Visit or contact the FSS Librar-e front desk to register, volunteer or for more information.
Open to DoD ID holders age 5 thru 12, 5:30 to 6:30pm, quarterly basis.
Upcoming Class: 12/18, 3/18
Call 609.754.2079 for future dates.
STEAM ProgramS for Child and Adults
Join the 87FSS Librar-e to learn science, technology, engineering, art, and math with cool experiments and activities. Limit one STEAM class per every other month so everyone can enjoy.
Time: 2 to 3:30pm
- For Children: 2/15 (Registration open 2/1)
- For Adults: 1/18 (Registration open 1/2); 3/21 (Registration open 3/2)
Registration required, open first of every month.
Visit the FSS Librar-e or call 609.754.2079.
Young Adult Book Club Fan Fiction Fun
Join us at the 87FSS Librar-e & Resource Commons every 3rd Saturday of the month for the Librar-e Young Adult Book Club. We’ll gather for a wonderful night of FanFic Fun. Crafts, projects, games, food and more!
Targeted to ages 12 & up.
Dates: 12/14 (2nd Saturday due to Holiday season)
Time: 5pm - 6pm
United Through Reading
Introducing a new way to connect with your children while you are away!
If you are a service member that is or will be TDY/Deployed/Remote Tour/working night shift or a non-custodial parent, schedule an appointment with the FSS Librar-e to record a video reading for the child(ren) in your life!
United Through Reading provides the story books and storage device.
When you make an appointment, you will be registered for a chance to win Trenton Thunder game tickets for select dates.
87FSS LIBRAR-E & RESOURCE COMMONS OFFERS:
● Email to Circulation/Reference:
– Inter-Library Loan (ILL) Requests
– Reference Questions
● Burlington County / Ocean County Library Registration
● Meeting Room Requests
● Library Card – Privileges and Registration
● Volunteer Sign-Up Form
● Summer Reading/ Winter Reading Programs
● Instructions for Placing Holds Online
Reference & Education:
● Online Database and Resources
● Military Databases through the AF Portal, AKO/DKO
● Database Instruction, Inter-Library Loan Service (ILL)
● College Brochures
● Tax Forms (seasonal)
● 37 Public PC’s, Memory Card Reader
– 23 Commercial
– 7 AFNET
– 4 Express/OPAQ
– 3 iMac computers
● Flashdrive and CD drives, Printers and Copier, Faxing
● Scanners and Webcam, Headphones, Laptop Station, 24/7 WiFi Access
● Manual Typewriter
● 3D Printing Services (Available Soon!)
|● Bestsellers, Non-Fiction / Fiction||● Kindle|
|● Testing Study Materials (CLEP, ASVAB, DANTES, etc.)||● Computers & Technology|
|● Biographies and History||● Fitness, Cooking, Crafts|
|● Books on CD||● Business and Leadership|
|● Overdrive Audio Books Online||● Reference Books|
|● Nooks||● eBooks Online|
|● Air Force Chief of Staff Collection||● POW / MIA Collection|
|● Army Chief of Staff||● Korean War Collection|
|● Chief of Staff Reading Lists||● Leadership|
|● Battle of the Bulge, McGuire/Fort Dix Ch. 60||● Six Sigma|
|● World War II Collection|
|● Weekly Story Time Readings||● Grant-Funded Programs|
|● Summer Reading Program (DoD)||● Winter Reading Program|
|● Group Tours for Base Organizations||● Holiday Presentations|
|● EASY||● Popular Series|
|● Board books||● Graphic Novels|
|● Elementary Textbooks - Base Schools||● Juvenile Chapter Books|
|● Playaway Launchpad Pre-loaded Tablets||● Over-sized Books|
|● Fiction||● Books on CD|
|● Non-Fiction||● Spanish Books|
|● Young Adult||● Battle of the Books|
|● Spanish Collection (children's fiction)||● Mango Languages Online|
|● English as a Second Language (ESL)||● Tools: Books, CD/USB, Play-Aways|
Other Non-Print Books and Services:
● Special Services (Audio Streaming and Large Print technology for Wounded Warriors and Veterans)
● Facebook: 87FSS and 87FSS Librar-e & Resource Commons
● Access to Personal Library Account SIRSI
● Music CDs
● Gaming (Wii, WiiU, XBox, XBox One, PS3, PS4, Nintendo DS, Nintendo 3DSXL)
● Play-Aways, Overdrive Audio Books, eBooks Online, Sony Readers, GoChips
● DVDs (movies)
● Monthly programs, book chats, guest speakers, monthly new book collection
● Discussion, financial programs, business seminars, summer readion program, holiday cookbooks
● Meeting Room, two study rooms, classroom with 10 PCs, sound system, scanner, printer, projector, laptop, TV and DVD player, dry erase board and podium
● Community Bulletin Board, Lounge Areas/Atrium Reading Area, Teen Area, Children's Room, Base Maps, DSN phone, aDA restrooms, outdoor seating
|● 87FSS Education Office||● NJ Challenge Academy|
|● Burlington County Library System||● Summer Volunteers|
|● Ocean County Library System||● JB MDL Spouses' Club|
|● NBHS Special Students Career Placement||● Friends of the 87FSS Librar-e|