Welcome to the FSS Librar-e and Resource Commons!
The 87FSS Librar-e and Resource Commons strives to provide essential information, educational resources and support to our Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, Cost Guard and civilian patrons. The Librar-e supports professional and voluntary education and offers facilities and services to enhance the quality of life for all authorized users.
Bldg. 2603 Tuskegee Airmen Avenue
JB MDL McGuire
FSS Librar-e Hours of Operation:
Starting 1 May 2019, FSS Librar-e Operating Hours will change!
Monday - Thursday: 10am – *8pm (after May 1: 10am - *7pm)
Friday - Saturday: *12pm – 5pm (after May 1: *10am - 5pm)
*Sunday: 1pm - 5pm (after May 1: *CLOSED)
Tech Center Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 10am - 5pm
Friday - Sunday: Open upon Request
Events at FSS Librar-e and Resource Commons
FSS Librar-e Summer Reading Program
June 20 thru August 17, open to all DoD ID holders (not just for kids!) at FSS Librar-e, Bldg. 2603 Tuskegee Airmen Ave., JB MDL McGuire.
Program includes terrific Tuesdays and Wacky Wednesdays activities. Register now and get your reading log, enjoy reading all your favorite books, and as you read, log your time and the books you’ve and earn prizes all summer long!
Saturday, May 4, 1 to 4pm, open to all DoD ID holders.
May the Fourth be with you! Join the FSS Librar-e for a day that’s out of this world! Galactic games, activities, and fun!
Registration required, volunteers needed! Visit the FSS Librar-e, Bldg. 2603 Tuskegee Airmen Avenue, JB MDL McGuire, or call 609.754.2079.
Join the 87FSS Librar-e to learn science, technology, engineering, art, and math with cool experiments and activities. Limit one STEAM class per every other month so everyone can enjoy.
Time: 2 to 3:30pm
Registration required, open first of every month, visit the 87FSS Librar-e or call 609.754.2079.
Family Board Game Night
Friday, May 17 and Friday, September 13, 6 to 8pm (time changed).
Join us at the 87FSS Librar-e & Resource Commons for a night of all your favorite family games and activities! Twister, Monopoly, Jenga and more! Food, family time and fun! All ages welcome. Registration required.
Kids in the Kitchen
Open to DoD ID holders’ age 5 thru 13, third Wednesday each month, 5:30 to 6:30pm.
This family cooking class offers lessons, recipe sharing, fun activities, something new every month!
Registration is MANDATORY. Registration opens two (2) weeks prior to each class. Limit one (1) class per every other month, so that everyone gets a chance to participate in a class! Volunteers welcome!
Visit or contact the FSS Librar-e front desk to register, volunteer or for more information.
Join Miss Theresa from the Burlington County Library at the 87FSS Librar-e & Resource Commons, Bldg. 2603 Tuskegee Airmen Ave., from 10 to 11am every 2nd and 4th Tuesday, as she introduces our babies to books and songs and activities! Start their love of reading and learning at an early age. No registration required, open to ages 1 month to 18 months.
Join us from 10 to 11am every Thursday as we read stories and do crafts! No registration required, open to all ages!
Young Adult Book Club Fan Fiction Fun
Join us at the 87FSS Librar-e & Resource Commons every 3rd Saturday of the month for the Librar-e Young Adult Book Club. We’ll gather for a wonderful night of FanFic Fun. Crafts, projects, games, food and more!
Targeted to ages 12 & up.
Time: 5pm - 6pm
United Through Reading
Introducing a new way to connect with your children while you are away!
If you are a service member that is or will be TDY/Deployed/Remote Tour/working night shift or a non-custodial parent, schedule an appointment with the FSS Librar-e to record a video reading for the child(ren) in your life!
United Through Reading provides the story books and storage device.
87FSS LIBRAR-E & RESOURCE COMMONS OFFERS:
● Email to Circulation/Reference:
– Inter-Library Loan (ILL) Requests
– Reference Questions
● Rosetta Stone Registration
● Meeting Room Requests
● Library Card – Privileges and Registration
● Volunteer Sign-Up Form
● Summer Reading/ Winter Reading Programs
● Instructions for Placing Holds Online
Reference & Education:
● Online Database and Resources
● Military Databases through the AF Portal, AKO/DKO
● Database Instruction, Inter-Library Loan Service (ILL)
● College Brochures, College Textbooks
● Tax Forms (seasonal)
● Notary Services (Free)
● 48 Public PC’s, Memory Card Reader
– 38 Commercial
– 9 AFNET
– 1 Express/OPAQ
● 8 iMac computers
● Flashdrive and CD drives, Printers and Copier, Faxing
● Scanners and Webcam, Headphones, Laptop Station, 24/7 WiFi Access
● Manual Typewriter, MS Word & Excel Instruction
|● Bestsellers, Non-Fiction / Fiction||● Kindle|
|● Testing Study Materials (CLEP, ASVAB, DANTES, etc.)||● Computers & Technology|
|● Biographies and History||● Fitness, Cooking, Crafts|
|● Books on CD||● Business and Leadership|
|● Overdrive Audio Books Online||● Reference Books|
|● Nooks||● eBooks Online|
|● Air Force Chief of Staff Collection||● POW / MIA Collection|
|● Army Chief of Staff||● Korean War Collection|
|● Chief of Staff Reading Lists||● Leadership|
|● Battle of the Bulge, McGuire/Fort Dix Ch. 60||● Six Sigma|
|● World War II Collection|
|● Weekly Story Time Readings||● Grant-Funded Programs|
|● Summer Reading Program (DoD)||● Winter Reading Program|
|● Group Tours for Base Organizations||● Holiday Presentations|
|● EASY||● Popular Series|
|● Board books||● Graphic Novels|
|● Elementary Textbooks - Base Schools||● Juvenile Chapter Books|
|● Play-Aways (Audio Books)||● Over-sized Books|
|● Fiction||● Books on CD|
|● Non-Fiction||● Spanish Books|
|● Young Adult||● Battle of the Books|
|● Tools: Books, CD/USB, Play-Aways||● Rosetta Stone Online|
|● Spanish Collection (fiction)||● Rosetta Stone Kits|
|● English as a Second Language (ESL)|
Other Non-Print Books and Services:
● Special Services (Audio Streaming and Large Print technology for Wounded Warriors and Veterans)
● Facebook: 87FSS and 87FSS Librar-e & Resource Commons
● Access to Personal Library Account SIRSI
● Music CDs
● Gaming (Wii, WiiU, XBox, XBox One, PS3, PS4, Nintendo DS, Nintendo 3DSXL)
● Play-Aways, Overdrive Audio Books, eBooks Online, Sony Readers, GoChips
● DVDs (movies)
● Monthly programs, book chats, guest speakers, monthly new book collection
● Discussion, financial programs, business seminars, summer readion program, holiday cookbooks
● Meeting Room, two study rooms, classroom with 12 PCs, sound system, scanner, printer, projector, laptop, TV and DVD player, dry erase board and podium
● Community Bulletin Board, Lounge Areas/Atrium Reading Area, Teen Area, Children's Room, Base Maps, DSN phone, aDA restrooms, outdoor seating
|● 87FSS Education Office||● NJ Challenge Academy|
|● Burlington County Library System||● Summer Volunteers|
|● Ocean County Library System||● JB MDL Spouses' Club|
|● NBHS Special Students Career Placement||● Friends of the 87FSS Librar-e|