EXCEPTIONAL FAMILY MEMBER PROGRAM (EFMP) – FAMILY SERVICES
Located in the 87th Medical Group
Bldg. 3458 Neely Road
JB MDL McGuire
Additional services located at
Military and Family Support Center
Bldg. 3435 Broidy Rd
JB MDL McGuire
JB MDL McGuire Office: 609.754.3154
JB MDL Lakehurst Office: 732.323.1248
What is EFMP?
The Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) is a coordinated effort to support military families that have at least one family member with exceptional needs.
Who is an EFM?
An Exceptional Family Member is defined as one, regardless of age, who has a disability that limits the ability to function on a daily basis and required ongoing counseling, training, education, therapy and treatment. Some examples of disabilities include: Asthma, Autism, Emotional Disturbance, Hearing Impairment, Mental Health Disorders, Multiple Disabilities, Orthopedic Impairments, Specific Learning Disabilities, Speech or Language Impairment, Traumatic Brain Injury and Visual Impairment.
How to enroll in EFMP
All EFMs complete a DD 2792. In addition, guardians of minors complete DP 2792-1. "Google" these forms online or pick them up at any of the 87th Medical Group EFMP One-Stop. The EFMP One-Stop team, provides information, referrals and assistance to meet individual needs.
What types of services can the EFMP One-Stop provide?
Advocacy, Military Family Support 360 Project, Recreational Activities, Resource Directory, Respite Care information, Support Groups, Systems Navigation and Workshops.
EXCEPTIONAL FAMILY MEMBER PROGRAM (EFMP) - MEDICAL
609.754.9752 / 9622 / 9367
Medical Treatment Facility for enrollment, reassignments and overseas clearances
EXCEPTIONAL FAMILY MEMBER PROGRAM (EFMP) – FAMILY SUPPORT
609.754.9290 / 3154
• Family support
• Information & referral
• Host EFMP Specific events
SCHOOL LIAISON/MILITARY CHILD EDUCATION
• Assists with local school information
• Advocates for military school-aged students' educational needs
• Connects with school district administration and staff
MILITARY FAMILY SUPPORT 360
609.754.9242 / 9218
• Assists families of Military-Connected Children and Youth with Disabilities and Special Healthcare Needs
• Direct advocacy for health, education or human service assistance available
* Funded by US Department of Education Office Special Education Programs via SPAN's Parent Training and Information Center (PTI)