FSS Outdoor Recreation Dix
Bldg. 6045 Doughboy Loop
JB MDL Dix
(Located at Doughboy Loop and Newport Street)
Phone: 609.562.6667 / 609.562.4208 Fax: 609.562.1060
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday: 10am – 5pm
Saturday: 9am – 2pm Sunday & Holiday: CLOSED
FSS Outdoor Recreation Lakehurst
Bldg. 484 Lansdowne Road
JB MDL Lakehurst
(Located inside the 87FSS Flight Deck)
Phone: 732.323.1362 Fax: 732.323.1105
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday: 10am – 4pm
Weekend and Holiday: Closed
87th Force Support Squadron Mission Statement:
To provide world class customer service and programs to the Joint Base community.
87FSS Outdoor Recreation (ODR)
87FSS Outdoor Recreation (ODR) is open to all our valued customers - Service Members, Retirees, DoD Civilians and their immediate family members. ODR offers outdoor recreation trips, equipment rental, RV Storage Lot, FAMCAMP, Range, Recreational Parks and such.
All of your adventures start here! We offer information and suggestions on the best of New Jersey's recreational hot spots as well as out-of-state adventures for all your outdoors and sporting needs. Join us for fishing, whitewater rafting, surfing, parasailing, hiking, camping, rock climbing, skydiving, backpacking, hot air balloons, outdoor trips and much more!
GeoQuest - A GeoCashing Experience at JB MDL
Geocaching, an opportunity for participants to use GPS for scavenger hunting to explore historical and recreational sites of the JB MDL.
Post your findings at #jbmdlgeoquest for prizes and promotions. Limited GPS units available at FSS ODR for no fee.
Come try our 18-hole Disc Golf Course located at Laurel Pond (10th Street and Juliustown Road, JB MDL Dix). Use of course is FREE! Disc Golf kit rentals and scorecards available at ODR. Great way to get some fresh air, spend time on our trails, and challenge yourself and others to a fun game.
Need a Little Fishing or Hunting in Your Life?
Fishing: We have several lakes on and off base that offer great local fresh water fishing spots. NJ State License required prior permit application. Check in with ODR for stocked areas, regulation guides, permit information or to rent a pole. We regularly host deep sea ocean fishing charters Spring through Fall.
Hunting / Cantonment Archery Program (DCAM): Available for Active Duty Military and Federal Civilian Employees assigned to JB MDL and their dependents only. This program requires each to attend a yearly briefing, possess NJ Hunter Education, and JB MDL Permit to participate. Additional hunting and shooting sports available at FSS Range 14 and JB MDL Lakehurst.
♦ JB MDL Rod & Gun Club, visit http://www.range-14.com/
♦ For JB MDL Lakehurst Section Rod & Gun Club, contact JB MDL Natural Resources Office at 732.323.2911 or 732.666.2158.
Hunting OI / Safety Briefings at JB MDL
Persons interested in hunting on JB MDL must have a valid NJ state license and attend the corresponding orientation/safety briefing for the section they wish to hunt. 1) Dix Cantonment Archery McGuire (DCAM) 2) Dix Range Area (DRA) 3) Lakehurst (LKE) Once the appropriate briefing is attended, the required JB MDL hunting permit may be purchased.
"Dix Cantonment Area McGuire" (DCAM) Hunting OI/Safety Briefings
Anyone wanting to hunt the on-base DCAM section of JB MDL must attend a briefing to be authorized to purchase a permit. Located at 87FSS Outdoor Recreation, Bldg. 6045 Doughboy Loop, JB MDL Dix. Free and open Active Duty Military and permanent federal employees assigned to JB MDL. Contractors and retired military personnel are not authorized to participate.
JB MDL Dix Range Area (DRA) Hunting OI/Safety Briefing
Anyone wanting to hunt the DRA section (JB MDL Dix Training / Range areas) of JB MDL must attend a briefing to be authorized to purchase a permit. Located at 87FSS Rod & Gun Club at 87FSS Range-14, JB MDL Dix. Free and open to Active Duty Military and general public. Any Active Duty and family members new to JB MDL or returning deployment or TDY that could not attend pre-season briefings may contact 87FSS Rod & Gun Club, 609.562.4676.
JB MDL Lakehurst Hunting OI/Safety Briefing
Active Duty Military may contact Natural Resources office to schedule a briefing. Anyone wanting to hunt the JB MDL Lakehurst section (Training areas) of JB MDL must attend a briefing to be authorized to purchase a permit. Free and open to Active Duty military, Retired Military, and DoD ID Civilians. Any Active Duty and family members new to JB MDL or returning deployment or TDY that could not attend pre-season briefings may contact 87FSS Rod & Gun Club to schedule a briefing. For more information, please call 732.666.2158 or 732.323.2911.
Free Community Garden Plots!
Open to all DoD ID holders, April 1 thru November 1 of each year. Raised-bed organic and non-organic garden plots available for the JB MDL community at no charge. Locations at JB MDL McGuire by Wacky World Playground (16 plots); JB MDL Dix off 4th Street, Colonial Plaza (16 plots), and JB MDL Lakehurst adjacent to the FSS Flight Deck (8 plots). Plots are 4’ x 12’ in size. Participants are responsible for all maintenance and care for plots and will complete a contract upon registration for stated policies.
Register on a first come-first serve basis at the FSS Outdoor Recreation, Bldg. 6045 Doughboy Loop. Max of 2 plots per person. 609.562.6667 or 609.562.4208.
Having a Party and Need Equipment? Want to go paddling on the local lakes? 87FSS ODR rents everything from canopies and camping tents to tables and chairs; inflatable bounce houses for your little ones' party or dunk tanks and charcoal/gas grills for your unit functions; canoes/kayaks, mountain bikes, skis/snowboards for your own cost outside the gate. Click here to download Equipment Rental Brochure and Fees.
- Call or stop in 87FSS ODR to check availability; certain items may not be available during special events. 24-hour notice required for full cancellation refunds. Cancellations within 24-hours forfeit deposit/payments.
- All reservations require full payment to secure your items. No voluntary holds allowed. We accept VISA, MasterCard and American Express. Guests are required to sign rental contracts at time of pick-up and drop-off and will be responsible for any damages or changes to condition of equipment occurred during rental period.
- All rental pick-up's will be available after 11am. Returns are due back by 10am. Late charges do apply at full daily fee until item is returned. Daily, Weekend, and Weekly rental rates available. Delivery rates available for most items and limited to on base locations only.
- Many large rental items require large vehicles or towing capabilities, please check with 87FSS ODR Staff at time of reservation for vehicle and transportation requirements.
Come rent your ski or snowboard equipment with us!
Available from December 1 thru April 1. Based on availability; equipment may not be available while ski/snowboard programs are scheduled. Please plan early and reserve in advance at 87FSS ODR Dix.
Did you know we also service ski and snowboard equipment? Let us sharpen hose edges, grind the base, and get a new coat of wax on those planks. Services available at 87FSS ODR Dix only. This is a drop-off service and can take up to several days to complete depending on queue and technician schedule.
Planning a camping trip or going canoeing?
87FSS ODR Lakehurst has canoes, kayaks and jon boats along with camping gear, tents, coolers and more. Wanna play? Tennis rackets, footballs, soccer balls, softball equipment, horseshoe equipment and more are all available for rental.
Recreational Vehicle Storage Lots (RVSL)
Located conveniently on JB MDL Dix and JB MDL McGuire, our two secure storage lots are available on a first come, first serve basis with priority for Active Duty Service Members. To inquire on availability, please contact 87FSS ODR.
Single Space (up to 22'): $15 / month Double Space (up to 44'): $30 / month Storage Locker (10'x10'): $60 / month
- Participants must be assigned/attached to JB MDL, or live within the local area. Updated contact info must stay current to uphold contract. Auto-billing occurs on the 1st of each month; current credit card required for every agreement. All participants will have own assigned access code to enter secured storage lot.
- Only currently insured and registered vehicles in working condition allowed to store. Vehicle upkeep and updated documents/contact info is owner's responsibility. Violations will be addressed, notice attempts will be documented and can result in removal of vehicle and forfeit of spot with no refunds. Any towing expenses or impound fees will be participant's responsibility.
87FSS hosts two RV Camp Sites located at Willow Pond (8 spots on-installation) on JB MDL Dix and 87FSS Range 14 (12 spots off-installation). Both campgrounds have electricity, water and waste dump station. Camp Dix (6 spots) primitive tent campsite is located along the Willow Pond peninsula off of 8th Street, JB MDL Dix. These include a fire pit and picnic table per site. Max of 8 guests per site. Porto Potty restroom available in parking lot (seasonally) or restrooms located at Willow Pond RV Camp Site. Fire extinguishers available at 87FSS ODR included with rental. No portable water available on site. Please practice "Leave No Trace" Ethics.
Call or visit FSS Outdoor Rec Dix to reserve 609.562.6667.
- Payment required in full at time of reservation.
- All guests are to check in to 87FSS ODR to sign contracts and get window placard.
- Check-In is after 1pm on arrival; Check-Out is no later than 11am on departure.
- No back-to-back reservations; participants must depart FamCamp for 24 hours before making another reservation.
- We require 24-hour notice for any cancellations for refunds.
Nov - Apr (4 week max stay); May - Oct (2 week max stay)