Welcome to FSS Flight Deck Community Center!
EVENTS at the 87FSS Flight deck Community Center
Decennial Holiday Card Contest
It is a free program, open to all DoD ID holders.
Entry forms available, Monday, September 30; entry forms due, Monday, October 28.
- Entry Forms due by Monday, October 28: Click here to download Entry Form
- Entrants can pick up wood supplies from the Tommy B's Community Activities Center, Bldg. 2705 East Arnold Ave., JB MDL McGuire starting at 12 noon, Monday November 4
- Submissions are to be delivered and set up at Wurman Hall on JB MDL Dix or Headquarters Bldg. 150 (by the Post Office) on JB MDL Lakehurst by 3pm, Friday, November 29
- Winners will be announced and awarded FSS Gift Cards during the Tree Lighting on December 3 at Wurman Hall, Bldg. 5417 Delaware and Severs Ave., JB MDL Dix
- Prizes to be awarded: 1st Place - $300, 2nd Place - $200, 3rd Place - $100 to highest scoring holiday cards
- Cards will be displayed at Wurman Hall or Headquarters Bldg. 150 throughout December
- Teams are responsible to pick up their cards no later than December 31
- Minimum of 5 entrants is required to hold the contest
732.323.2405 / 609.754.2830
Free movies cannot be shown within three miles from an AAFES paid admission theater. JB MDL Lakehurst and JB MDL Dix are over three miles from the JB MDL McGuire Theater, a paid-admission facility. 87FSS Community Services Flight holds two public performance licenses required to show movies: one covers the Flight Deck at JB MDL Lakehurst and the other covers the FSS Recreation Center Dix for self-service movies.
The rooms located within the Flight Deck Community Center are available for rental for private parties or official purposes. All rooms have tables & chairs available for use.
The Galley Room can hold up to 120 people comfortably and can be reserved by calling 732.323.2405 or 732.323.1648.
The Conference Room can be reserved by calling 732.323.7278 (Ground Electronics) and if IT support is needed for your meeting or function in the Conference Room, that can be provided by reservation and calling 732.323.7278 also.
The Rec Center (bar area) can be reserved for smaller functions and can be reserved by calling 732.323.2405
All rooms within the building are available for parties/functions/meetings seven days a week with prior reservation required.
The Flight Deck at JB MDL Lakehurst has a wide range of fun activities that everyone can enjoy.
- Beverages available for purchase. Domestic and Imported Beers, Wine, Soda, Juice, and Water.
- Light Bites available for purchase. Personal-size Pizza, Hot Pockets, and Assorted Chips.
- 90″ Screen TV to watch sporting games and events and scheduled movies.
- Enjoy a variety of games, pool, table tennis, darts, movies and more!
- Large Party Room available for private parties. Reserve the room for your next meetings and special events!
For more information or to schedule a private function, please call 732.323.2405 or 732.323.1648.