Welcome to the FSS Tommy B's Community Activities Center!
Bldg. 2705 East Arnold Avenue JB MDL McGuire
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday: 8am – 4:30pm
Tommy B’s Community Activities Center (CAC) is a fully functioning meeting and banquet facility and home to many of JB MDL family and community programs. The center is ideal for ceremonies, conferences, holiday parties, unit potluck and off-site meetings. The center can accommodate large and small programs for military and private functions. Tommy B’s CAC also supports operations at the Firehouse and Base Theater. Community Center annual programs include the Easter Egg Hunt, Halloween Fest, Holiday Tree Lightings, Family Bingo, Joint Base Picnic and more. To find out more about these events, visit the 87FSS Events Calendar.
TOMMY B’S FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Room reservations are first come – first served and it is recommended you reserve your room as soon as possible and availability cannot be guaranteed. Our staff will guide you through the reservation process.
- There is no fee for military functions and mission supporting activities.
- For non-catered private events, there will be a $25 room rental fee and a refundable $25 clean up fee due upon time of reservation.
- Room reservations for non-catered private organization events/functions scheduled before or after business hours.
- Free Wi-Fi is accessible and individuals holding meetings are responsible to provide their own meeting materials and no copy machine is available.
- Tommy B’s does not do catering but Pudgy’s does. To find out about Catering, please call Pudgy’s Catering Office at 609.754.2396.
- Groups may bring pre-purchased finger food but are responsible for set-up, service and clean-up.
- All food items must be procured from an approved government inspected facility. Patrons must coordinate with the 87th Medical Group Public Health section by calling 609.754.9199 for any food served other than catered foods from the Force Support Squadron activities being served to the general installation personnel. Personal events such as Squadron/Unit functions or private picnics should coordinate with Public Health for food handling tips and training.
- Groups can only bring non-alcoholic beverages to support the event. If you wish to have alcoholic beverages, you can arrange for a bartender through Pudgy’s.
Please stop in or call the 87FSS Tommy B’s Community Activities Center Office at 609.754.2830 for reservations or more information.
Events at Tommy B’s Community Activities Center
Come celebrate the Easter at our annual Easter Eggstravaganza!
Open to all DoD ID holder children age 12 years and below. (Parent must be accompanied all time)
Saturday, April 13, 12:00pm.
Location: 87FSS Bowling Center JB MDL Dix parking lot, Bldg. 6054 Doughboy Loop - Rain or Shine event.
9am - 11am: Breakfast with Easter Bunny
12pm - 3pm: Easter Egg Hunt Activities. First Egg Hunt starts at 1:15pm.
◘ Breakfast and Bowling with the Easter Bunny: includes 2 games with shoes and buffet breakfast supplied by the Spare Room Lounge. Breakfast Buffet includes: Eggs, Pancakes, Sausage, Bacon, and Orange Juice. $10 per child/$15 per adult. $1 games and $1 shoe rental after egg hunt until 4pm. Pre-Registration required by COB Tuesday, April 9. 609.562.6895.
◘ Easter Egg Hunt: Free event. Children search for candy filled eggs (some with prize slips inside), Easter Bunny, Easter Bonnet/Handsome Hat contest, bounce houses, music, arts & crafts, prizes, giveaways and more. Registration for the Easter Egg Hunt recommended.
Egg Hunt Categories: (Each category will have special eggs with prize slips in them - prizes will be redeemed at the prize table)
♦ 3 years and under - starting at approx. 1:15pm
♦ 4-6 years
♦ 7-9 years
♦ 10-12 years
All egg hunting areas will start at approximately 15 minutes apart from one another. Some families may have children in several age categories, so we are requesting everyone to wait for the "start" announcement of each designated area.
* Parents may assist children 3 years and under in their designated egg hunting area. However, the children must pick up the eggs, NOT the adults. Adults are not authorized on the field in all other age categories. We encourage you to bring it to the staff’s attention if your child requires additional assistance, so we can provide them with the proper support. Staff and volunteers will be on each field to assist the children. We are encouraging your full cooperation for the safety and comfort of the children. Don’t forget to bring your Easter basket to collect your eggs and a camera for pictures with the Easter Bunny.
**Easter Bonnet/Handsome Hat Contest**
Wear your most beautiful bonnet or handsome hat for a chance to win a basket with movie tickets. Prize awarded for the best overall bonnet and hat (one prize for each gender). Winners will be announced at 1:45pm. Patrons must be present to win.
Sponsored in part by Infinity Flight Group, New Jersey Natural Gas Co., US Family Health Plan and America's Publishers.