Welcome to the FSS Tommy B's Community Activities Center!
Bldg. 2705 East Arnold Avenue JB MDL McGuire
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday: 8am – 4:30pm
Tommy B’s Community Activities Center (CAC) is a fully functioning meeting and banquet facility and home to many of JB MDL family and community programs. The center is ideal for ceremonies, conferences, holiday parties, unit potluck and off-site meetings. The center can accommodate large and small programs for military and private functions. Tommy B’s CAC also supports operations at the Firehouse and Base Theater. Community Center annual programs include the Easter Egg Hunt, Halloween Fest, Holiday Tree Lightings, Family Bingo, Joint Base Picnic and more. To find out more about these events, visit the 87FSS Events Calendar.
TOMMY B’S FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Room reservations are first come – first served and it is recommended you reserve your room as soon as possible and availability cannot be guaranteed. Our staff will guide you through the reservation process.
- There is no fee for military functions and mission supporting activities.
- For non-catered private events, there will be a $25 room rental fee and a refundable $25 clean up fee due upon time of reservation.
- Room reservations for non-catered private organization events/functions scheduled before or after business hours.
- Free Wi-Fi is accessible and individuals holding meetings are responsible to provide their own meeting materials and no copy machine is available.
- Tommy B’s does not do catering but Pudgy’s does. To find out about Catering, please call Pudgy’s Catering Office at 609.754.2396.
- Groups may bring pre-purchased finger food but are responsible for set-up, service and clean-up.
- All food items must be procured from an approved government inspected facility. Patrons must coordinate with the 87th Medical Group Public Health section by calling 609.754.9199 for any food served other than catered foods from the Force Support Squadron activities being served to the general installation personnel. Personal events such as Squadron/Unit functions or private picnics should coordinate with Public Health for food handling tips and training.
- Groups can only bring non-alcoholic beverages to support the event. If you wish to have alcoholic beverages, you can arrange for a bartender through Pudgy’s.
Please stop in or call the 87FSS Tommy B’s Community Activities Center Office at 609.754.2830 for reservations or more information.
Events at Tommy B’s Community Activities Center
Mobile Escape Rooms
Friday, December 13, 11am to 5pm at FSS Firehouse Recreation Center, Bldg. 2502 East Arnold Ave., JB MDL McGuire.
Free for all DoD ID holders. Register December 1 thru December 12.
Three escape rooms: Wizard Academy, Exit Protocol, and Houdini's Escape. Each room runs 30 minutes each. Maximum amount per group is 6 people. Space is limited, registration is required in advance.
Food is available for purchase from Subway.
8-Ball Pool Tournament
Saturday January 18, sign-in 4:30pm; tourney begins at 5pm at the Firehouse Rec Center, Bldg. 2502 JB MDL McGuire. Tournament hosted using rules and regulations from the official BCA 8 Ball rule book. A copy of BCA/house rules will be available at the Firehouse upon request. Pizza and soft beverages provided. All necessary billiards equipment available if needed, however players are welcome to use their own personal cue/accessories. Format is round robin style with winners of each group advancing to a single elimination playoff (format is subject to change based upon participation). Tournament participation focuses on E1-E4, but other military and DoD civilians are eligible to enter if space becomes available.
REGISTRATION: Registration is highly encouraged. E-1 to E-4 will have priority registration beginning January 1st. Those interested in participating outside E-1 to E-4 range may sign up during the week leading up to the tournament (beginning January 12), if space is available. All participants must be 17 years of age or older. 609.754.2233 or 609.754.2830.
PRIZES: 1st Place prize plaque and a $75 FSS Gift Card
2nd Place prize $50 FSS Gift Card
3rd Place prize $25 FSS Gift Card