Welcome to the FSS Tommy B's Community Activities Center!
Bldg. 2705 East Arnold Avenue JB MDL McGuire
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday: 8am – 4:30pm
Tommy B’s Community Activities Center (CAC) is a fully functioning meeting and banquet facility and home to many of JB MDL family and community programs. The center is ideal for ceremonies, conferences, holiday parties, unit potluck and off-site meetings. The center can accommodate large and small programs for military and private functions. Tommy B’s CAC also supports operations at the Firehouse and Base Theater. Community Center annual programs include the Easter Egg Hunt, Halloween Fest, Holiday Tree Lightings, Family Bingo, Joint Base Picnic and more. To find out more about these events, visit the 87FSS Events Calendar.
TOMMY B’S FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Room reservations are first come – first served and it is recommended you reserve your room as soon as possible and availability cannot be guaranteed. Our staff will guide you through the reservation process.
- There is no fee for military functions and mission supporting activities.
- For non-catered private events, there will be a $25 room rental fee and a refundable $25 clean up fee due upon time of reservation.
- Room reservations for non-catered private organization events/functions scheduled before or after business hours.
- Free Wi-Fi is accessible and individuals holding meetings are responsible to provide their own meeting materials and no copy machine is available.
- Tommy B’s does not do catering but Pudgy’s does. To find out about Catering, please call Pudgy’s Catering Office at 609.754.2396.
- Groups may bring pre-purchased finger food but are responsible for set-up, service and clean-up.
- All food items must be procured from an approved government inspected facility. Patrons must coordinate with the 87th Medical Group Public Health section by calling 609.754.9199 for any food served other than catered foods from the Force Support Squadron activities being served to the general installation personnel. Personal events such as Squadron/Unit functions or private picnics should coordinate with Public Health for food handling tips and training.
- Groups can only bring non-alcoholic beverages to support the event. If you wish to have alcoholic beverages, you can arrange for a bartender through Pudgy’s.
Please stop in or call the 87FSS Tommy B’s Community Activities Center Office at 609.754.2830 for reservations or more information.
Events at Tommy B’s Community Activities Center
Joint Base Halloween Fest
Friday, October 25, free and open to all DoD ID holders, 5:00pm to 8:00pm at Tommy B's Community Activities Center, Bldg. 2705 East Arnold Avenue, JB MDL McGuire.
Contests for best decorated trunks, and Halloween costumes. Arts and crafts activities, pumpkin patch, Halloween themed movies, DJ with interactive children's games, face painting, assorted snacks, candies, and more!
Trunk or Treating Contest (minimum 5 cars) must be registered by 5pm October 18. Prizes awarded for best trunks, 1st place (Best Overall) - $125 FSS Gift Card, 2nd Place (Most Original) - $100 FSS Gift Card, 3rd place (Most Festive) - $75 FSS Gift Card. Click here for Contest Rules.
Parade of Costumes (ages up to 10). Prizes awarded for Best Joint Base Decennial Themed, Best Themed Family, Best Homemade, and Most Original.
This event is proudly sponsored in part by USAA, United Communities, New Jersey Natural Gas Co., Andrews Federal Credit Union, US Family Health Plan, and Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau.
Decennial Holiday Card Contest
It is a free program, open to all DoD ID holders.
Entry forms available, Monday, September 30; entry forms due, Monday, October 28.
- Entry Forms due by Monday, October 28: Click here to download Entry Form
- Entrants can pick up wood supplies from the Tommy B's Community Activities Center, Bldg. 2705 East Arnold Ave., JB MDL McGuire starting at 12 noon, Monday November 4
- Submissions are to be delivered and set up at Wurman Hall on JB MDL Dix or Headquarters Bldg. 150 (by the Post Office) on JB MDL Lakehurst by 3pm, Friday, November 29
- Winners will be announced and awarded FSS Gift Cards during the Tree Lighting on December 3 at Wurman Hall, Bldg. 5417 Delaware and Severs Ave., JB MDL Dix
- Prizes to be awarded: 1st Place - $300, 2nd Place - $200, 3rd Place - $100 to highest scoring holiday cards
- Cards will be displayed at Wurman Hall or Headquarters Bldg. 150 throughout December
- Teams are responsible to pick up their cards no later than December 31
- Minimum of 5 entrants is required to hold the contest
609.754.2830 / 732.323.2405
Sponsored in part by Andrews Federal Credit Union, New Jersey Natural Gas Co., United Communities, US Family Health Plan, and Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau.