- This event has passed.
ALPHA WARRIOR BATTLE RIG – Meet American Ninja Warrior Celebrity Athletes!
May 22 - May 23
Can you beat the “Battle Rig” and complete the course? It's time to find out!
The Alpha Warrior Celebrity Tour and Obstacle Competition allows people to meet American Ninja Warrior celebrity athletes as well as try to beat the “Battle Rig” and complete the course.
Open to all DoD cardholders, Active Duty, Reserve/Guard, Retirees, and dependents ages 13* and up.
This event features a FREE, 2-day showcase that features a Meet & Greet with Celebrities on Day 1. Day 2 features a unique experience with a 15x30 Alpha Warrior Battle Rig Demonstration/Familiarization session for the Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst community to enjoy and finally, the event culminates with a timed competition for aspiring athletes to participate.
The Alpha Warrior Program is part of the Air Force Services Activity (AFSVA) mission in striving to bring new and innovative programs to installations in an effort to build and sustain ready and resilient Airmen and their families. The AFSVA will provide awards for the top 3 Male and Female finishers.
For more information or questions please call 609.754.2158.
For more information about The Alpha Warrior Program, please click here.
Schedule of Events:
Day 1 / May 22, 2017- Celebrity Interaction with two Alpha Warrior athletes from the American Ninja Warrior show:
- 10:30am - 11:30am: Meet and Greet/Autograph signing at the 87FSS Fitness Center at JB MDL Lakehurst, Bldg. 123 Severyns Rd.
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm: Meet and Greet/Autograph signing at the Main Exchange/BX at JB MDL McGuire, Bldg. 3452 Broidy Rd.
- 1:15pm - 2:15pm: Meet and Greet/Autograph signing at the 87FSS Fitness Center at JB MDL McGuire, Bldg. 2504 POW/MIA Blvd.
- 3:15 pm - 4:15pm: Functional Fitness Training, Bldg. 1928
Day 2 / May 23, 2017 - Competition/Demo Day @ Doughboy Gym (Bldg. 5953 Newport Street, JB MDL Dix):
- 12pm - 2pm: Registration and Safety Brief / Individuals can register for the youth experience demo (ages 13-17) and the adult (18+) competition/experience demo in Doughboy gym. *Please bring ID to verify age during demo/competition sign up.
- 2pm - 3:30pm: Youth Experience Demo (13 to 17-yrs) / Individuals can use this time to practice on the Battle Rig
- 3:30pm - 5pm: Adult Experience Demo / Individuals can use this time to warm-up/familiarize on the Battle Rig
- 5pm - 7pm: Official Competition (Please review Rules of Engagement below) / Adult timed challenge
Alpha Warrior Battle Rig Challenge Rules of Engagement:
- Competition is open to members 18 yrs of age and older
- Registration starts at 12pm and ends at 4:45pm on May 23, 2017
- There will be a limited availability of competition slots
- Registration forms will Include fun trivia for each competitor
- Participants will have a max of 2 ½ minutes to complete the challenge
- Two falls allowed per member; after the second fall, the participant will be eliminated from the competition, no redo’s on any obstacle
- Top 3 male and female with the fastest time will receive prizes
- First Place Fastest Time/zero fall
- Second Place Fastest time/ 1 falls
Enjoy a special meet and greet session with these Alpha Warrior Pro Athletes!
Is a Pro Athlete with Alpha Warrior and a veteran star of NBC's American Ninja Warrior. As one of the top competitors, Brent has multiple trips to the Las Vegas Finals notched in his belt. On American Ninja Warrior, Brent is most notably known for becoming the first American to complete the Ultimate Cliffhanger in Stage 3 of the Las Vegas Finals. As a professional stuntman Brent has worked on dozens of films, such as Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials, Paul Blart: Mall Cop, The Internship, and After Earth.
Is a Pro Athlete with Alpha Warrior w began her American Ninja Warrior journey in 2014. Since then, Colleen has been a competitor for the Orlando region in 2015 and 2016 got the call back from casting and becoming an official competitor for the Atlanta region. After Atlanta, Colleen began to dedicate herself to this sport. Colleen has served as a course tester for both the Las Vegas and Los Angeles courses. This year Colleen will be returning to ANW as a veteran, competing in Daytona in April 2017.