Impact Charity Services Military Youth Vocational/Technical Scholarship, funded by Lockheed Martin
Applications now open for the new Impact Charity Services Military Youth Vocational/Technical Scholarship, funded by Lockheed Martin. All application materials must be postmarked NLT Friday, March 31, 2017 with the scholarships to be awarded late spring 2017.
The Impact Charity Services Military Youth 2 or 4 year college or vocational/technical Scholarship provides financial assistance to dependents of active duty service members assigned to Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst (JB MDL), and residing in New Jersey. The scholarship is awarded to an individual who has demonstrated sound academics and merit to further their education. Students intending to enroll in a two- or four-year college program or a vocational program, are eligible. This scholarship is financial needs-based and will pay for tuition, fees and textbooks.
- The applicant must be between 16-19 years of age; a dependent of an active duty service member assigned to JB MDL, and be enrolled or planning to enroll in an accredited vocational/technical institution in the state of New Jersey.
- The applicant must possess a high school diploma, general education diploma or is a full-time student at an institute of higher learning and maintaining a C average or higher.
- The scholarship winners must apply and be accepted to enter an accredited New Jersey vocational/ technical institution in the fall of the year awarded.
- Must maintain good citizenship practices throughout the award period.
- Personal qualifications of attitude, motivation, initiative, seriousness of intent and overall impression.
- Proven aptitude, demonstrated ability or intense interest in the specific career goal they are pursuing.
- Past educational performance.
- Past citizenship performance.
- Financial need.
- Must apply for Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) and provide verification of approved eligibility status to receive Financial Aid. https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa
- Provide Income Statement 2015 Tax Return for both parents. Please, blackout Social Security Number.
- Completion of Impact Charity Services Military Youth Scholarship Application.
- Provide copy of high school diploma (if graduated) or General Education Diploma.
- Provide copy of high school transcripts and expected graduation date.
- Provide two letters of recommendation from a source outside of your family (e.g., clergy, teacher, town leader, business person, employer, etc.)
- In your own words, write a 500 word essay explaining the following (attach typed document to the application), your future goals, aspirations and accomplishments
- Describe community-based extracurricular activities that you participated in and why?
- Why you decided on a career in the vocational/technical industry?
- Why should you receive this scholarship?
- There will be (3) scholarships, not to exceed $5,500 awarded towards a 2 or 4 year students intending to enroll in a two- or four-year college program or a vocational program, are eligible
- Impact Charity Services will determine the amount of scholarships awarded, after review of approved Financial Aid support granted for scholarship selectees.
All application materials must be postmarked NLT Friday, March 31, 2017 with the scholarships to be awarded late spring 2017.
Impact Charity Services
PO Box 1692
Mount Laurel, NJ 08054
Lockheed Martin and/or Impact Charity Services employees and their family members are excluded from applying.