2021 Air Force Photo Contest
July 1 - 31, 2021
Submit your best photos that fit the theme: “What a Wonderful World!”. During this last year of uncertainty and changing times we find that we may see things through a different lens. You may find joy, happiness and a new appreciation in the beauty around you; it could be as simple as your back yard, your pets, exploring old places you haven’t been in a while or maybe a new place. It could be connecting with family and friends, the birth of a new child, or maybe that much needed vacation that you finally got to go on. As our world begins to open up again, we invite you to share “What a Wonderful World” that you see!
Prizes are awarded to the top three (3) winners in each category.
First Place: $500 Amazon Gift Card
Second Place: $400 Amazon Gift Card
Third Place: $200 Amazon Gift Card
Entries excepted July 1-31, 2021
Submit entries online: https://forcesupport.awardsplatform.com
• Authorized patrons of Air Force Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (MWR) Programs (IAW AFI 34- 101, Air Force Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (MWR) Programs and use Eligibility) are eligible to participate in Air Force Services Center (AFSVC) contests.
• Entrants in Adult Novice and Accomplished categories must be 18 years of age at the time of entry.
• Entrants in Youth categories must meet the following age requirements:
Child: Ages 6 to 8
Pre-Teen: Ages 9 to 12
Teen: Ages 13-17
• Entries in Youth categories must be submitted on behalf of the photographer by a legal parent or guardian.
• Force Support Squadron (FSS) Commanders, Civilian Leaders, and FSS marketing personnel may enter the contest, but are NOT eligible to win prizes.
• Prizes will be awarded to eligible participants.
• Failure to meet eligibility or submission requirements will render the submission ineligible.
• Photos are eligible in one category i.e., submitting the same photo in more than one category is not permitted.
Photograph and File Size Requirements
• Photographs must be submitted as JPG or JPEG files
• Must be 300 dpi when saved at approximately 8.5” x 11” (approximately 2400 x 3600 pixels)
• Files may not exceed 9MG in size
• Adult Novice: Individuals 18 years or older, who are new or inexperienced in the field of photography.
• Adult Accomplished: Individuals 18 years or older who have higher photographic skill levels obtained through experience, professional or academic training, or who are self-taught, serious hobbyists, or operate as professional photographers.
• Youth Child: Ages 6 to 8 years old*
• Youth Pre-Teen: Ages 9 to 12 years old*
• Youth Teen: Ages 13 to 17 years old*
*Submissions in the Youth Category must be made by the legal parent or guardian of the minor photographer.
NOTE: Photographers may submit two original photographs, however only one prize will be awarded per entrant.
Welcome to the FSS Arts & Crafts Center!
Bldg. 6039 Philadelphia Street, JB MDL Dix (Located off Doughboy Loop, directly behind the Wells Fargo Bank)
Frame Shop: 609.562.2542
Ceramics Shop: 609.562.5771
Hours of Operation: (Effective July 6, 2021)
Tuesday - Saturday: 10am – 5pm
Sunday, Monday, Family Day, Holiday: CLOSED
ENGRAVING & AWARDS
- Offering custom laser engraving for:
- Classic wood plaques
- Executive style acrylic desk awards
- Custom cut/sized metal and plastic plates
- Color imprinted custom plaques
- Take a step up and consider Award Eagles and other Military Statues.
All these items are suitable for acknowledgments, farewells, promotions, personal gifts, Quarterly and Annual Awards, and more!
Order turnaround time is normally 2-3 business days, slightly longer for custom plaques and large orders; Same-day service available for an additional fee.
Full-service custom framing for all framing needs. We have a framing professional with 30 years of experience, use only state-of-the-art equipment, and offer a great selection of moldings & mats!
- Farewell and recognition presentations
- Rush service for presentations available
- Guidon framing – ask us about Guidon production
- Original or limited edition art
- Preservation framing and museum mounting is our specialty
- Prints, Posters, Photographs
- Certificates, Diplomas
- Canvas stretching
Offering a complete pottery studio and paint-your-own ceramics and mosaic studio! Our staff is experienced, qualified, and always on hand to help in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Offering classes covering hand building and wheel throwing techniques. Glazes and firing provided. Adult pottery classes are 6 weeks long and held on Wednesday from 6:00 to 8:30pm. Open to beginners and intermediate. Pre-registration required.
Kids pottery classes for ages 6 thru 12 are four weeks long and held on Saturday mornings from 10:30am to 12:00pm. Special classes can be arranged for Cub Scouts and Girl Scouts.
Paint Your Own Ceramics and Mosaic Studio
Our studio offers a large selection of ceramic bisque items to choose from to decorate with glaze. All pieces are food and dishwasher safe when finished. Mosaics offer a great way to express yourself with colorful glass. We supply all the shapes, tiles, glue and grout to complete your project. Group functions and parties can be arranged to paint ceramics or do mosaics.
Learn a variety of artistic skills & techniques through our multi-crafts classes and workshops. Our highly qualified instructors offer courses to both children and adults in a fun, friendly and encouraging environment. Many materials are available to provide students the finest learning experience possible.
Classes, Courses, and Programs
Drawing, Painting, and Mixed Media Arts; Beginner and Intermediate Sewing; Quilts for Kids (volunteer program); Beginner and Intermediate Photography; Field Trips.
Enjoy open studio time and use of equipment for a nominal fee during our regular business hours. Accu-Cut, Sewing, Drawing/Painting, and Create a Critter are offered.
Class Registration Information
Advanced registration is required for all classes via phone or in person. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Students are informed of supply needs at the time of registration or during the first class meeting. Classes are open to all DoD ID holders and their accompanied guests. Classes fill quickly, register early, call 609.562.5691.
Class Cancelation/Refund Information
Class fees are refunded in the event of a class cancellation due to lack of enrollment or other reasons. Students may cancel a class reservation in person or by phone. Participants have 30 days to obtain refunds after notification of a cancellation, with a receipt. Arts & Crafts will honor previous payment for a rescheduled or future classes held in lieu of a refund.
Please call 609.562.5691 for more information.
Have your child’s next birthday party at 87FSS’s Peter L. Hunt Arts & Crafts Center. Enjoy two hours of party room use and one enjoyable craft project, including all materials! Make reservations via phone, however, for the best service we recommend booking a party in person. Stop in today to see our great selection of craft projects for your party!
♦ $20 for 2-hour party room rental – (Includes table covers & staff instruction)
Craft Project Options/Pricing
♦ Pottery Painting
Great selection of ceramic items for children to paint! Prices & firing fees vary per ceramic piece. (Item cost + half = total cost.)
♦ Create a Critter
Stuff your very own soft & cuddly friend! A fantastic party project for young party-goers. Choose from a wide selection of stuffed animals. Critters are $12.50 per child (Includes – animal, stuffing, critter t-shirt & staff instruction).